BBQ Jackfruit with Coleslaw
Servings: 4 servings
- 20 oz can young green jackfruit in water NOT in syrup or brine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ sliced onion
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 2-4 burger buns
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- cashew sauce blend ½ cup soaked cashews with ¼ cup water, salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, and juice from one lemon
- 2-4 big pickles
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit from the can and set it aside.
- Chop off the center “core” portion of the fruit and discard (optional).
- Sauté the onion and garlic with the oil.
- Add the jackfruit and seasoning one at a time.
- Stir and reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes (make sure to close the lid).
- In the meantime, make the coleslaw by adding all ingredients. Set in the refrigerator until serving.
- Toast the buns. Place generous portions of BBQ jackfruit on the bottom buns, top with a generous serving of coleslaw. Serve with extra BBQ sauce and pickles!
- Serve with pickles and/or extra BBQ sauce (optional)!