Butternut Squash & White Bean Soup
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 sliced butternut squash
- ½ sliced onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger powder or freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 medium cubed potatoes
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 2 cups boiling water
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- Cook the butternut squash in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the onion and garlic with the oil for a few minutes.
- Add the rosemary and spices and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the potatoes, white beans, and boiling water.
- Simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pulse only a few times (don’t over mix if you want some of the white bean texture).
- Add the almond milk and cook for a few more minutes.
- Enjoy with croutons!