Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies (Crispy Edges and Chewy Center)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup vegan butter (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2 ½ tbsp water
- 9 oz chocolate chips or two chocolate bars
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Melt the butter in a pot on low heat. You want to melt the butter, not heat it.
- Add the two sugars to a bowl and then add the butter. Mix them with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes then add the vanilla and mix a little more.
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed with water. Set it aside for a few minutes to thicken then add it to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- If you are using chocolate bars, use a knife to chop them into small pieces.
- Mix in the chocolate with the dough.
- Measure ¼ cup of the dough and form it into a ball. Continue with the rest of the dough. You should get about 15-16 balls.
- Refrigerate the dough balls for about 30 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dough balls about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake 350ºF for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a baking rack.