Easy Vegan Fruit Tart
Servings: 6 servings
Graham cracker crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker use a food processor or blender to grind them up, or crush them in a zipped top bag with a rolling pin
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Fresh berries strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries and kiwi
- Using a fork, mix the graham crackers and sugar. Slowly add the melted butter and keep mixing until well combined.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture in a 9-inch tart tin ( it should be non-stick with a removable base).
- Use your hands to spread the crumbs so that they cover the bottom of the pan and sides. Use your fingers to pinch and press some of the crumbs around the inside edge of the pan to cover the sides evenly and create a wall about a scant 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake the crust 350°F for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- The whole process of making the custard will take less than 5 minutes, and you will be stirring most of the time.
- Heat the almond milk for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Add the cornstarch and mix. At this point, the custard will begin to thicken pretty quickly so keep stirring and keep the heat level on low.
- Add the vanilla and turmeric and keep stirring while the custard turns yellow.
- Let the custard cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the custard tot the crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Let the tart cool (preferably in the refrigerator), then top it off with your favorite berries and kiwi.
- At this point, you can remove the tart from the tin (see notes for instructions).
- You can serve this immediately or keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.