- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt some extra salt for eggplant prepping
- ½ cup raw cashew
- ½ cup water
- Start by peeling and thinly slicing the eggplant.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on a towel and salt. Leave for about 15 minutes. This will remove the excess water/bitterness.
- Rince the salted eggplant slices well and dry thoroughly between two clean absorbent towels.
- Add the olive oil to a pot or deep pan and cook the eggplant for a few minutes, then close the lid for about 20-30 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, blend the cashew with water until creamy.
- Add the minced garlic to the eggplant and stir.
- Add the spices to the eggplant and stir.
- Use the spatula to mash the eggplant until it fully cooks and blends.
- Add the cashew cream to the eggplant and mix.
- Garnish with carmelized onion, and serve the dip with pita bread!