Servings: 4 servings
- One medium eggplant
- 1 cup cooked chickpea
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup tahini
- One big lemon juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup ice water
- Olive oil
- Peel and slice the eggplant.
- Salt eggplant slices on both sides and arrange in a colander to remove excess water/bitterness for 15 minutes.
- Rinse salted eggplant slices well and dry thoroughly.
- Fry the eggplant on both sides, and set it aside to cool.
- Blend the chickpea, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the ice water, blend.
- Add the eggplant, blend more.
- Top with black sesame seeds, and parsley.
- Serve with pita bread or pita chips!