Green Bean Rice
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp chili paste
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 3 cups of green beans trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots medium diced
- 2 cups of basmati rice soaked for at least 2 hours
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- Before you start, make sure you have soaked the basmati rice for at least 2 hours. You can skip this step, but soaking the rice removes the arsenic.
- In a deep pan, sauté the onions with the olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the spices one at a time while occasionally stirring. Then add the chili paste and tomato paste.
- After all the ingredients have been mixed in, close the lid of the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil at least 10 cups of water. Add the rice and sea salt (you can use regular salt). Cook the rice until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add some oil to the bottom of the pot (used to cook the rice), and layer starting with the rice then the green bean mixture.
- Close the lid of the pot and cook for 30-50 minutes on low.