Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups of cooked and well-drained black beans
- 2 cups cooked and cooled pasta
- ½ sautéed onion
- 1 cup of parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Oil for frying
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until they all come together. If you want the balls to have more texture, you can mix in the sautéed onions after you blend all the other ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into 2 inch balls, and fry them in a pan with oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Bake the pasta balls at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce!