Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup wheat see notes and the amazon link below
- ½ cup whole grain bulgur wheat see the amazon link below
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Sauté onion and garlic with olive oil.
- Add the spices and keep sautéing.
- Add the bulgar and wheat.
- Add the boiling water and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Blend the porridge for a few pulses.
- Add the plant-based milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with a dash of cinnamon.