Tahini-Free Hummus (Oil-Free)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ⅓ cup soaked raw cashews or cashew yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp baking soda (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 6 to 10 tbsp ice water
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend for at least 5 minutes until you have a smooth puree, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Blend, and with the motor running, stream in the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add the parsley and blend for 1-3 pulses.
- Garnish with herbs, paprika, or cumin.