Servings: 8 servings
- ½ cup vegan melted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp ground flax mixed with 8 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Melt the vegan butter, and measure ½ cup. I do this by microwaving the vegan butter in a glass measuring cup, in 30-second intervals, until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugars together. Add the flax eggs and vanilla, whisk until evenly combined.
- Over the same large bowl, sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt and baking powder and stir with a large wooden spoon until just combined, do not over mix.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a lined 7 x 11 pan with parchment paper and smooth out the top with a spoon or your hands. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. The brownies may still be bubbling and not look done, but they will firm up a lot as they cool.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 20-30 minutes.