Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan (https://tomatoeswithlemon.com/cashew-parmesan/)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Thinly slice eggplant about ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange in a colander and place in the sink for about 15 minutes to draw out the bitter taste of the eggplant.
- Rinse and dry the eggplant with a kitchen towel.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour, then almond milk, then breadcrumbs, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle or spray olive oil on each eggplant.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce!